Department: Field Services and Transportation
Reports to: Director, Operations
Purpose: Under general supervision provides services as a runner for healthcare accounts, job site
laborer/helper for industrial clients or laborer/helper for office/warehouse.
- Conduct daily collection of various types of waste containers from client facility/site following scheduled collection routes. Waste may be moved by hand or with a variety of equipment including pallet jack, forklift, and carts.
- Load and unload contained waste and tools of various weights from vehicles by hand or using equipment such as pallet jack, forklift, lift gate, etc.
- Clean up hazardous waste sites using various types of tools including but not limited to rags, absorbents, brooms, shovels, buckets and pressure washer.
- Work on call as member of emergency hazmat team to complete various hazmat clean up tasks using all types of tools and equipment.
- Accurately complete, and review various forms such as driver logs, service and work orders, manifests, land ban forms, and bills of lading.
- Maintain current licenses and certifications necessary to complete job assignments. Ensure proper records are on file with company.
- Properly label and mark hazardous waste containers for transportation and storage in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Operate company vehicle to run errands.
Non Essential functions:
- General office/warehouse maintenance/repair
- General office/warehouse cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal education in environmental studies and/or chemistry, a plus
- Current Class C drivers license w/hazardous waste endorsements, a plus
- Clean DMV driving record
- 0 - 1 year experience working in hazardous waste industry
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, per DOT regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime with little or no notice
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel and reach
- Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment
- Ability to wear a respirator and protective clothing
- Ability to sit/drive
- Ability to lift 50 pounds several times a day
- *To apply, please fill out form and attach documents below.